Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Kick-off of Summer

Although summer doesn't officially start for a few more weeks, for me, it started on Friday, June 5th, my seven-year-old's last day of school. We packed up my mini van and headed south, finding ourselves four episodes of "The Electric Company," three temper tantrums, two hours of traffic, and one stop at Dunkin Donuts later in Ocean City.

We bought a house (or half a house, to be exact) in Ocean City last year and this year, I'm spending the summer at the shore with the kids. I'm hoping for a fun summer--long days at the beach, mingled with some family activities, with a date night or two in Margate or Stone Harbor thrown in.

Right now, I'm planning our summer--picking out events, fun places to go, and some rainy day activities. In addition to using this blog to chronicle my summer, I'm hoping to make it a resource for other moms looking for stuff to do with the kids "down the shore."

Am I brave? Naive? A glutton for punishment? I'm not so sure. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment